Chef Estados Unidos
Amos Miller Perfil del Chef
Puntos de CocinarComerCompartir.com
Acerca de mí
I have eaten and cooked almost every cuisine around the Mediterranean and the adventure continues. I am more to the 'comfort food' (with a touch of fusion) side of the kitchen than the molecular gastronomy or haute cuisine side. I experiment with, and spin off of great approaches to the tried and true recipes I find, working to incorporate as many elements as possible from our tidy piece of paradise in Michigan - Walnut Ridge Farm, into products for Walnut Ridge Farm Foods LLC.
I also love the unique foods and cuisines of northern Europe and the Asian sub-continent and hope to learn new things on CES, contributing where I can. There is a very special place in my heart for Creole cooking, and I find Southwestern and Tex-Mex dishes exciting. For me, food is a special dialect - the language of it's people.
I'll never submit a recipe I don't believe rates a '5' on this site. There are millions of recipes out there. Why waste time and be disappointed? I like to lower those odds in favor of enjoyment and satisfaction. We all have, and do, throw many attempts into the trash. I truly hope nothing I recommend on this site, or elsewhere, will disappoint any cook from beginner to pro, or go to waste, which is even worse.
I cook to please myself, my family, my friends, and then anyone else (in that order) who will eat or try the dishes I set out or recommend. There is nothing more personal, or that shows love and respect for our fellow man, than the ability to please the palates of the diners.
We nourish, sustain, excite, stimulate and bring joy into the world by our efforts in the kitchen and by sharing the fruits (vegetables and meats) of our labors.
My motto is: "cooking well is it's own reward". www.facebook.com/ChefAmosMiller
Influencias de Cocina
Jacques Pepin, Daniel Boulud, Tom Collichio, Austin Leslie, Claudia Roden, Paula Wolfert, Tony Bourdain, Martin Yan, Rose Cheng, Amanda Freitag, John Besh, my West Virginia and Texas roots, and my Dad, Bill.
Premios, Reconocimientos, y Sociedades
American Culinary Federation (ACF);
Research Chefs Association (RCA);
Personal & Private Chef Association (PCA);
National Restaurant Association (NRA);
Michigan Restaurant Association (MRA);
Slow Food USA
Research Chef, Personal Chef, Special Event Chef, Consultant
Libros de Recetas Preferidos
- Les Halles Cookbook (Anthony Bourdain)
- An 'inside baseball' cookbook
- Complete Techniques (Jacques Pepin)
- Indespensible to the kitchen
- Villa Table (Lorenza De'Medici)
- Awesome Italian classics
- Trattoria (Biba Caggiano)
- Simple, fresh, wholesome, delicious recipes
- Chez Helene House of Good Food Cookbook (Austin Leslie)
- The Creole kitchen gets no better
Chefs quienes recomiendo
- Amanda Freitag (New York, NY)
- A great chef & an exceptionally fine person
- Nick Stellino (Los Angeles, CA)
- All heart, Italian comfort food
- Stephanie Izard (Chicago, IL)
- Girl got game!
- Antonia Lofaso (Los Angeles, CA)
- Simply awesome person & chef
Restaurantes que recomiendo
- Kiki's Bistro (Chicago, IL)
- Truly a French Bistro / awesome wine cellar
- Risky's (Ft. Worth, TX)
- BBQ Heaven - They have it all!
- da Mario (Rome)
- Tuscan - never had a bad meal in over 50 visits to Italy
- Erie Cafe (Chicago, IL)
- The Lenzi family's joint is a carnivore's dream
- The Woodfire (Dowagiac, MI)
- Excellent, elegant and intimate
- Riverfront Cafe (Niles, MI)
- Very innovative kitchen / a surprise dining experience
- Le Cave di Maiano (Florence, Italy)
- Rustic Tuscan - excellent!
- Foxtail (Los Angeles, CA)
- Antonia Lofaso, Exec Chef 'nuf said.
- The Girl & The Goat (Chicago, IL)
- Stephanie Izard, her place, her food, all her
- Truluck's (Dallas, TX)
- Amazing quality seafood creations by Exec Chef Brian Wubbena
- The Red Apple (Chicago, IL)
- Absolutely outstanding buffet restaurant. From the Black Angus in the beef dishes to the world's lightest pierogis, value far exceeds cost