Chef Estados Unidos
Corey Irwin Perfil
"G.F.W.A. (Gourmet-Foodie-With-Attitude)" :) cookingwithcorey.blogspot.com
Puntos de CocinarComerCompartir.com
Acerca de mí
I'm a healthy gourmet chef, running & wellness coach, published author, entrepreneur, and recipe developer who cooks, bakes, & creates original healthy gourmet recipes. I'm currently in the midst of writing a series of healthy gourmet cookbooks of all-original recipes geared towards endurance athletes & other healthy-minded people. If you'd like to connect, you can find me on the web at:
http://cookingwithcorey.info/ (Recipe Blog)
http://twitter.com/cyberpenguin/ (personal Twitter account)
http://twitter.com/chefpenguin (Twitter RSS feed for recipes & cooking tips)
http://seecoreyrun.com/ (Running Blog)
Wishing You Health & Happiness,
P.S. Check out my latest culinary adventures at http://cookingwithcorey.info! Get all-original mouthwatering recipes (created by yours truly!) and no-nonsense reviews of the latest gourmet products, cooking gadgets, and restaurants. Learn about international cuisines, nutrition, and new cooking techniques.
Influencias de Cocina
International & healthy gourmet cuisine.
Libros de Recetas Preferidos
- Indian Home Cooking (Suvir Saran and Stephanie Lyne)
- One of the most interesting & accessible Indian cookbooks I've seen in a while.
- The Dean and DeLuca Cookbook (Rosengarten, Dean, DeLuca)
- The gold standard for ethnic-infused American fare.
- Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant (The Moosewood Collective)
- Great ethnic & regional recipes.
- From the Recipe Files of the C.I.A. (C.I.A.)
- Excellent for holidays & celebrations.
- Mangoes & Curry Leaves: Culinary Travels Through the Great Subcontinent (Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid)
- The food of Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, & Sri Lanka.
- The Best of Mexico: A Cookbook (Evie Righter)
- This tiny cookbook packs a big punch.
- The Middle Eastern Kitchen: 75 Essential Ingredients with Over 150 Authentic Recipes (Ghillie Başan)
- A good basic recipe reference by ingredient.
- Brasil: A Cook's Tour (Christopher Idone)
- The recipes are as awe-inspiring as the photos.
- The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen)
- This cookbook brings back many fond memories.
- The Frog Commissary Cookbook (Poses, Clark, & Roller)
- I grew up with this cookbook.
- The Instant Cook (Donna Hay)
- Good for those days when time is of the essence but you still want a delicious, wholesome meal.
- Intimate Gatherings: Great Food For Good Friends (Ellen Rose & Jessica Strand)
- This cookbook has been my go-to recipe source for countless dinner partties.
- Extra Virgin: Cooking with Olive Oil (Clare Ferguson)
- A wonderful cookbook full of inspiring pictures and fabulous recipes.
- Flavors (Donna Hay)
- A simple, straightforward cookbook with tantalizing images, organized by, you guessed it, flavors.
- The Visual Food Encyclopedia: The Definitive Practical Guide to Food & Cooking (François Fortin, Editor)
- A useful visual food guide, organized by ingredient & sprinkled with recipes throughout its pages.
- The Essential Kitchen: Basic Tools, Recipes, & Tips For a Complete Kitchen (Christine McFadden)
- A great visual checklist for essential kitchen tools, with details explaining uses & techniques.
Chefs quienes recomiendo
- Abby Irwin
Restaurantes que recomiendo
- 2 Amys (Washington, DC)
- Excellent authentic gourmet Neapolitan thin crust pizza, great salads, fun winebar.
- El Pollo Rico (Arlington, VA)
- Unpretentious Peruvian rotisserie chicken joint that tops my list for some of the best & most flavorful chicken in town.
- Meskerem (Washington, DC)
- Consistently decent Ethiopian food.
- City Lights of China (Washington, DC)
- Consistently excellent, authentic Chinese fare. A favorite.
- Moby Dick (Rockville, MD)
- Simple food done well. Casual dining atmosphere. Persian cusine.)
- India Grill (Rockville, MD)
- Consistently flavorful Indian cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere. The dinner buffet offers a good variety.
- Bombay (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)
- One of the most memorable & delicious dining experiences I've ever had. (Indian cuisine.)
- Addie's (Rockville, MD)
- A hidden gem off Rockville Pike.
- Pho 75 (Rockville, MD)
- Best pho in town. I recommend the #12 with an iced coffee. (Vietnamese cuisine.)
- Red Tomato Café (Bethesda, MD)
- Low-key, homey dining experience. Wood-fire oven. Good salads.