Receta Vegetables blanched corn cakes (Traitional rcipe fron valencia-Sain)
These corn cakes fill the can or want to, although traditionally here fill of vegetables (eggplant, peppers, onions etc). They are ideal to surprise your friends in a quick dinner, and if you tell them it's a Spanish recipe, even better. Try them, is an easy recipe that you will love.
- For the dought.
- 0.7 cl of water (or 3 Â½ cups)
- 1/2 onion, finely grated
- 200 g corn flour (or 1 cup)
- 400 g of wheat flour (or 2 cups)
- A little olive oil
- A pinch of salt to the water
- For the filling.
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 g salted and dried Chaplains
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Firstly, we roasted two eggplants in the oven for about 25 minutes at 200 Â° C, until tender, whether the outer skin burns a little, as this will give a distinctive flavor to our grilled, meanwhile, put in a saucepan the 3 Â½ cups of water to boil with a little salt, half onion grated with a grater and olive oil to a boil, then introduce two cups of flour and a cup of cornmeal, and stir vigorously with a rod as shown in the picture.
- Once the dough thickens and begins to pull away from the edges of the bucket, we get dough from bowl and let cool slightly 2 or 3 minutes on a marble table or steel, so that you can knead as you would a bread dough.
- Later kneading and after obtaining a fluffy texture is replaced in the container where the mass was performed, keeping warm to whet the pancakes.
- Eggplants when roasted, should be peeled and its flesh is cut into thin strips with a knife, then place cut pulp in a bowl with olive oil, a little salt and two cloves of garlic finely chopped, so that we allow the flavors to blend the eggplant with garlic.
- Subsequently, dry desespinan chaplains (cod), skinned them and desmigan fingers, reserving them on a plate for later use.
- Between two sheets of paper with an anti-stick or plastic bag open, put a small piece of dough (a ball) and flatten with your hand, forming a pancake or thin disk.
- Is then placed in a hot pan or griddle with a few drops of oil to brown, turning when you start taking tan. Once golden take them out and reserve for filling pancakes.
- We place the patties on a platter or tray on top is put a few tablespoons of roasted eggplant with garlic and decorated with some flaked cod, completing the decoration with a sprig of fresh parsley.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||17%|
|Total Fat 5.35g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.75g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.64g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|