Cost per serving $1.36 view details
- 8oz spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts,skinned and chopped
- 4 rashers unsmoked back bacon,chopped into small pieces
- 1 red pepper,sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 a pint of chicken stock,using a stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1/4 of a pint of milk
- 1 and a half ounces of butter
- 1 and a half ounces of plain flour
- 3 ounces of cheese,grated
- salt to season
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and then add the spaghetti and cook for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan,then add the bacon,and fry until crispy.
- Add the chicken and peppers to the bacon and fry for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain the spaghetti,then add the spaghetti to the chicken mixture and stir everything in together.Put the spaghetti mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Now to make the cheese sauce:Melt the butter in a saucepan,then add the flour,stir until smooth (extra butter can be used if the mixture is to thick).
- Gradually stir in the milk and then the stock.
- Bring to the boil stirring continuously,then add the cheese.
- Stir the cheese in until melted,then season to taste.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the spagetti and chicken mixture,then place in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 270g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 157||31%|
|Total Fat 17.93g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8.23g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 59.95g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|